Classroom SEO Courses
We conduct SEO training classes depending on demand, but with a minimum class size of four students. Where possible, we use your website as an example, so you can relate to the theory with some practical examples.
- Small class sizes ensure individual attention.
- Full course notes (PDF on a USB drive) will enable you to focus on the subject matter instead of taking notes.
- No programming, scripting or tagging — suits both marketers and developers.
- Content is based on real-world search engine optimisation (SEO) experience of nearly 2000+ websites.
- Understand why your website never shows up in a web search and how this can be rectified.
- Take away powerful checklists that save you the hassle of memorising hundreds of factoids.
- Learn how to write in a search-engine-friendly manner that also appeals to humans.
Who Should Attend?
- Web Professionals
- Business Owners
- You will get a Certificate of Attendance.
- You will gain a thorough understanding of SEO theory.
Some of the brands we have delivered SEO training to:
SEO for Digital Marketers – Short Course
This is a half-day course that will enable managers to appreciate the role of SEO in digital marketing.
- SEO in a nutshell
- How SEO complements Social Media
- How SEO complements Reputation Management
- How Media Releases complement SEO
- How to work with SEO agencies
Basic SEO 101 for Managers
This is a one-day course that will explain to managers how to optimise a site in a non-competitive sector. This is a great way for managers to understand what they should expect when hiring an SEO agency (or if their current agency is using currently valid tactics).
Prerequisites: Participants must know how to use a personal computer and a web browser.
- Overview of search engines
- What Is Search Engine Optimisation?
- Nature of Search Engines
- Crawlers, Robots, Spiders
- Search Engine Indexing
- Ranking Indicators
- How Searchers Work
- Guessing the Google Algorithm
- Search Engine-Specific Ranking
- Writing to Make Money
- Writing for Humans
- The Buying Process
- Principles of Linking
- Link Bait
- Quality Directories
- Website Architecture
- Search-engine-friendly Dos and Don’ts
- Managing Spiders/ Robots
- Accessibility Considerations
- Performing Search Engine Optimisation
- Planning the SEO Process
- Site Audit
- Traffic Measurement
- Tools for Analysing a Site
- Speeding Up the Site
- Keyword Research
- Commercial or Informational Intent?
- Ranking and its relevance today
- URL Submission and Removal
Advanced SEO 102 for Search Specialists
This is a one-day course that will equip you to optimise a site in a competitive sector.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of basic SEO principles or completion of our Basic SEO 101 course is presumed.
- Understanding the Search Engines
- Understanding Google
- Understanding Bing
- Advanced Techniques
- Diagnosing a “Sick” Ranking
- Proxy Hijack
- Advanced Keyword Research
- Web 2.0 and the Power of Little Things
- Website Ecosystem
- Micro Sites
- SEO and Social Media Optimisation
- Social Bookmarking (SB)
- Social Content
- Press Releases
- Writing Articles for SEO
- SEO for WordPress
- SEO for Forums
- SEO for Image Search
- SEO for Video Search
- SEO for Multinational Companies
- SEO for Mobile Search
- SEO for Local Search
- Risky Tactics to Avoid
- SEO Tools
- Site Launch Checklist
In-House SEO Custom Training
In-house SEO training is delivered as part of a strategic consultancy.
We deliver customised training to the in-house teams that create or influence website content, such as Business Unit, Corporate Affairs or Marketing teams. The outcome of this training is that SEO becomes part of the daily workflow of several individuals and the knowledge is not confined to one or two people.
This is the service delivered to the National Australia Bank (NAB), whose testimonial can be read here: Doubling online usage at NAB
Customised SEO Training
Some students come with very specific learning needs that can’t be covered in a classroom with other students present. We can package customised SEO+PPC+SMO courses based on your unique situation.
- One business needed to understand why their traffic was dropping, even though an SEO agency was charging them a four-figure fee every month.
- Another needed to develop an online strategy themselves.
- Another wanted a little of everything, (SEO, PPC, SMO) to be covered within a day (while they were visiting Melbourne for other reasons).
Such requests require additional investigation of the students’ websites and competitors, so this is part consulting and part training.
We look at the available time, usually one or two days, and assemble a customised course.